VBS & Family Ministries


We are now in the midst of our VBS week. These past few days we have had opportunities for more family ministries, a kids club, training the Albanian Christian groups in puppetry and also had a festival to promote the VBS this week.  Much fun was had by all during the festival as we had fun games, bouncy house, face painting and fun music songs such as, The Chicken Dance.  This week we have had close to 70 children come to VBS (Pirate theme).  The church has almost been bursting at the seams with that many kids in this small village church.  Everyone has played their part in the assemblies, crafts, games, snacks, and Bible lesson and these kids are so precious to have to work with.


Unbreakable Bonds


Over the past two weeks I have made a lot of friends with the young Albanians from kids clubs, VBS, and more. I have made great relationships with the kids and have had a great time with them making jokes, helping them pay attention, many high fives, and even learning Albanian from the kids. There is one kid in particular that I have made an amazing and loving connection with. His name is Dionis. Every time I see him and he sees me, he comes running to give me a hug and says, “I love you.” which are some of the only English words he knows how to say.  I was fortunate enough to be one of his group leaders for the VBS program we are doing at the church in Pojan. Him and I have become super close.  He is like my best little bud and he always wants to hang around me whenever we are at events.  It is going to be so hard to leave, but I hope that the message that we have brought and the love and compassion we have shared with these kids will be life changing and that they will come to know Christ.
- Cameron






Planting Seeds

Hi my name is Emmie and I’m 16 years old.  First I just want to say wow!  This trip has been amazing and I absolutely love it here!  I just wanted to share a couple things that have stood out to me during this trip.  
Before this experience I had never been on an evangelism, or Mission Possible trip, so I wasn’t really sure what to expect and there was definitely some fear leading up to our departure. This past week of outreach and evangelism has been so cool and has definitely helped me put these fears aside.  We usually start our programs on the streets with puppets.  Now, as ridiculous as this sounds, doing a puppet show is a workout!  However, hearing the kids’ reactions makes it so worth it!!! After that we would do a drama, which also draws in a lot of people. Usually we would follow with a object illustration and then a sketchboard message.  Watching the crowd’s reaction to the message and hearing about conversations the Albanians are all having with them is amazing.  Many of these people have never heard the Gospel, so please pray that we are planting seeds in the hearts of these people.  I can’t wait to share with you all how God works in the people’s hearts.
- Emmie



















Suffering Through Devotions

Another year of missions, which means we have another book of the Bible to examine and learn from. This year we are studying the book of 1 Peter. This is the first time that I have gone through a book that was written by Peter so he has covered different topics which led to new studies. One of the main points that we have been covering is suffering, which Peter has faced much of. Peter teaches us about how we are to follow the example of Christ and his endurance when facing persecution. Peter warns us that there will be trials that come and that it is because this is not our home. There is a better place waiting for us who are being saved and we are to keep our minds focused on Christ. This is a challenge for me because there are many things that I enjoy doing on this earth. I play video games, watch movies, compete with my brothers, and I am often times distracted from what is waiting for me. I pray that I would focus on Christ and live my life for Him and that my relationship with Him would be strengthened. 
-Max





Crossing Oceans

We have been doing a lot of evangelical ministry on this trip, most of which is very taxing.  First of all, the missionaries here selected specific towns and villages and we set up our sketch board in the street.  We set up the puppet stage and usually put on a show for the kids.  Then, we will draw people in with a wordless skit before we begin preaching.  After the message is over, we find a person in the audience and ask them what they thought of it, and we try to open a door to sharing the gospel.  Sometimes people shrug us off, or give us very vague answers and try to change the topic.  

Last night a conversation after the message began in the normal manner; I approached two girls who looked about my age with my translator and started sharing the gospel.  They were very defensive and noticeably and subconsciously taking steps backwards as they responded.  After about twenty minutes they left in frustration.  

But their curiosity was overwhelming.  About five minutes later they came back.  Knowing we were from America, the opportunity to get the answers they’ve always been looking for was apparently too great to pass up.  
“The only stuff I know about America is what I’ve seen in the movies,” one of the girls said.  We were able to answer all of her questions and tie it back into the gospel solely because of where we were from. 

Sometimes I feel as though people disregard the message I am bringing because I cannot relate to the culture there, but this time was different.  By the grace of God I was able to use my most unlikely gift (being an American) to share His word.
- Lauren




Priceless


One day I arrived behind the team to get there in time just before VBS started.  I made good time walking down the streets, but I soon as I entered the church yard, the traffic became so bad that I almost didn’t make it into the church on time. Kids that had been previously waiting in line to go into church, upon seeing me, they came running up to me and swarmed me with hugs that I literally could not get through.  This was not because of me, they would have done it to any one of the team.  These kids are not spoiled by everyday western life that they would consider luxuries, but are so thankful to the love, care and attention that they are getting through the ministries here.  Something we can give for free, but priceless to them.

During one of first group devotions, and a couple of times since then our ears were turned as we could hear the eire Muslim call to worship echoing the streets of Pojan.  To our foreign ears this sound stood out and drew our attention for a split second, but our minds quickly came back to what we were studying, the true, living word of God.  When one ponders on that it's a rather a humbling and sobering thought. Who are we that we should be called children of God? We have been studying 1 Peter in our personal and group devotions and how fitting these verses have been. “According to his great mercy, he has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection ofJesus Christ from the dead, to an inheritance that is imperishable, undefiled, and unfading, kept in heaven for you, who by God's power are being guarded through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.” 1 Peter 1:5-7

- Carmina















Kids Club in Pojan





Ministry to Gypsies in Pojan











Church Service in Pojan



VBS

























Teaching the Albainian Groups Puppeteering










Family Ministry in the City of Korce






It is with sincere hearts that we thank Toni and Egla for hosting us these past two weeks and for giving us the opportunity to reach out the people in Pojan and surrounding area.  We cannot thank you enough for your hospitality.  And to all our Pojan friends, we love you so much and praise the Lord for your faith and boldness in the Lord Jesus Christ!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog